Essential Items that every Cyclist needs
There are a few essential items that every cyclist should own. Our top three picks were chosen based on quality, function, ease of use, and price.
Essential Item #1 our Top Pick
Floor Pump – First and foremost every cyclist needs a quality floor pump if your tires are flat you arent going anywhere. I highly recommend the Joe Blow Sport II Floor Pump from Topeak
It is simple to use, has accurate pressure gauge, and Dual head grey side for presta vlaves and black for Schrader a yellow lever locks the head in place pump stroke is smooth and efficient with about 15-20 pumps filling a 100% deflated MTB tube to 35-40 psi
Essential Item #2
Multi-tool – The swiss army knife of tools. This compact (fits in your camelback or saddle bag can fix almost anything that comes up on the trail or road.
Our recommendation is the Topeak Alien II 26-Function Bicycle Tool. This Little package contains:
- 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 10mm Allen Wrenches (Fix a Loose stem bolt, adjust a seat, fix a creaking noise)
- 8, 9, and 10mm Box Wrenches
- 2 Chain Pin Compartments (Repair a chain)
- Phillips and Flat-head Screwdrivers (adjust a Derailleur)
- Chain Tool (Repair a Chain)
- 15g and 14g Spoke Wrenches (True a Wheel)
- 2 Tire Levers (Fix a flat)
- T25 Torx (adjust with precision)
- Mini Pedal Wrench Fix a loose pedal
- Bottle Opener (pop open a well deserved cool one after a ride)
Essential Item #3
Hex Wrenches – Where a multitool is great option when you are out on the trail or road. Any home workbench should have a quality set of hex wrenches.
They are easier to use, can provide more torque, and will make your home shop look pro. our 2 picks are:
Basic Level – Park Tool HXS-2 Professional Hex Wrench Set with Holder
Pro Level – Park Tool bike tools PH-1 p-handle Hex Wrench
ParkP-Type (Pictured) Hex Wrenches provide greater torque and are harder to loose than L-type wrenches.
Have a favorite product or Essential Item you think we missed let us know in our comments section